The hotel has been in the Panayides family since the 1940's when the hotel began as a country house letting rooms. Through the years more rooms were added as well as a restaurant and a tea room.
In 1992 after a complete rebuilding where nothing of the old building remained except the pine trees that now shade the gardens the hotel reopened its doors as a 3 star property. The hotel prides itself in providing comfort without extravagance, and the management now in the hands of the 3rd generation of hoteliers, a Cornell University graduate. We believe in the need to continuously adjust & upgrade our facilities and services so every year minor and major renovations, maintenance and changes take place.